Sunny Fly Beauty Factory
What are you looking for?

How to Prevent Lash Allergies

To prevent lash allergic reactions or irritations, you have to discover the right style for your protection and beauty.

Reactions to lash extensions are rare and can show up in different forms. The most common: swollen eyes/eyelids, redness of the cornea, itchiness or discomfort around the eye area. These symptoms are likely to show up within the first 48 hours post application. They typically don’t subside over time. Reactions are likely to become increasingly worse and more dramatic the more people are exposed to the allergen.

When you are experiencing an allergic reaction to your lash extensions, it is most often because you are allergic to cyanoacrylate. It is the base ingredient that is found in all lash adhesives. And, unfortunately can not be left out of the adhesive. Lash allergies get worse with more exposure to the adhesive. If the reaction is an actual allergy, the symptoms you are experiencing will not subside until the adhesive is completely removed from the lashes.

While irritations can have similar signs to allergies, they are often less severe and subside after the adhesive is cured. This occurs typically within the first 24 hours post application. Often even just hours after. Irritations that can cause redness and itching. It is often the body’s reaction to the fumes being released from the adhesive as it cures. These irritations are likely to subside quickly and become more mild as time goes on.

If the irritation is likely going to continue and worsen over time. It would be best to remove the lash extensions as soon as possible. If you are experiencing only mild irritations post application and you would prefer to keep your lashes on for a day or two to see if the irritation will subside, be sure to check back in 24-48 hours to make sure the symptoms have passed.

You won't always be able to avoid reactions, but you should know how to treat allergic reactions to lash extension! Always remember to stay calm, and if your reaction is severe,ALWAYS remember to see a medical professional.